On 1 November 2015 the Autonomous Province of Trento introduced a provincial tourist tax, according to the provisions of Provincial Law 8/2002, article 16 bis. The details.
The tax is due from all those staying overnight in accomodation situated within the province, for a maximum of 10 consecutive nights at the same facilities.
THE AMOUNT OF THE TAX DUE FOR THESE ACCOMODATION FACILITIES IS 1,00 EURO PER PERSON/NIGHT
The following person are exempt from the tax:
- Children under the age of 14
- Those undergoing treatment at public and accerditated private hospitals wich have agreements with the national health service in the province
- Those accompanying patients hospitalised in public and accredited private hospitals wich have agreements with the national health service in the province, up to al limit of one accompanying person per patient
- Civil defense workers and members of the police, armed forces and fire brigade if they are staying at the accomodation facilities in order to carry out their duties
- Applicants for international protection, unaccompained foreign children and the victims of trafficking temporarily housed at the accomodation facilities
- Those staying at the accomodation facilities following measures adopted by the public authorities to deal with emergencies following disasters or events of an extraordinary nature